7 steps to working from home while maintaining your sanity
It’s almost 2024, and it’s no secret that having a side hustle or an online business is essential to achieve financial security. Unfortunately, sometimes we get so busy, and overwhelmed, and we tell ourselves that we don’t have enough time to contribute to our business. However, that’s not true. The key is to be smart and strategic, by taking advantage of available resources. This will help you make the most of your time. Below are some of my favorite time saving strategies for every mompreneur.
- Plan your Goals. One of my favorite time management strategies is very simple: plan your goals. I’ve wasted a ton of time in the past when I did not have a clear vision for my business. I really struggled with accomplishing my goals, until I started to carefully plan them out. I’ve created a goal planner that really helped me. Once I started strategically planning my goals, I became more productive, because I had a clear sense of direction. This also helped with my sanity, because I was no longer lost. Writing your goals down will give you a blueprint towards success. This way you won’t be struggling trying to figure out where you are going with your business.. Here’s a link to my Goal Planner: Goal Planner
- Don’t focus on too many social media programs- Social media is a great way to reach your audience. However, sometimes entrepreneurs tend to get excited, and join every social media platform. Yes, we want to expand our reach, however the best way to lose your mind as a mompreneur is trying to be everywhere online. Chances are, we won’t be productive with either one. I recommend focusing on one or two social media sites, especially if you’re just starting out. This way you can focus better on the social media platform that you choose. Think quality versus quantity. You can save a lot of time and your sanity, by being strategic with one or two social media sites.
- Take advantage of programs – It can be time consuming and overwhelming trying to market your products and services online alone. There are so many resources available to help you achieve your goal of mompreneurship. .Below are some of my favorite places to go for a great look.
- Canva- You can make cool social media graphics and videos using Canva. Canva is my favorite place to create images, reels, carousels, and videos.
- Hautestock-My secret to getting professional attention getting images is with Hautestock. I love Hautestock, because the quality is excellent and it’s affordable. Here’s my link to Hautestock: https://members.hautestock.co/a/0858d21c2b, you can also get 15% off their subscription price with this code: 0858d21c2b.
- Later- My favorite social media time saving tool is Later. I like Later because you’re able to schedule posts ahead of time. This frees up a lot of time during the week, while you’re still providing valuable content. We’ll talk a little more about Later in step 4.
- Take advantage of automatic systems for your business– One of the best ways to save time with your social media marketing is with automatic systems. My favorite system to use is Later. Later helps you with your social media posts.Later saves you time, because:
- You can schedule posts ahead of time- Remembering to post online everyday is not realistic. As we all know, life happens. I recommend blocking out a time to schedule your posts a week ahead of time. This way you’re still consistently providing content to your audience without wasting time trying to figure out what to post everyday.
- Organic reach- As online business owners, we want to be as effective as possible in reaching our audience. Effective use of hashtags helps people in your audience find your post. It’s exhausting and time consuming trying to figure out which hashtags to use. Later has updated hashtags that are being searched in your industry, helping you reach your audience.
- Analytics-The very last thing that you want to do is market your business without measuring the effectiveness of your efforts. Later tracks your analytics so that you can get the most out of your social media marketing.
- When to post- Another time saving strategy that Later offers is when to post. There are times when your target audience is online, and Later lets you know when your post will get the best results.
Using Later effectively will help you with your social media goals. Social Media Marketing can be complicated, however if you use a tool like Later, it will simplify it for you, so that you won’t be overwhelmed. Here’s my link to Later, https://try.later.com/uzlixpxoi4xh
- Be realistic-. Go easy on yourself. Oftentimes, we set unrealistic goals for ourselves, then we get frustrated when we don’t complete our goal. Instead break the big goal into smaller tasks that are easier to accomplish. This will help you achieve your goals. Below is a video explaining the simplicity of this:
6. Delegate- You don’t have to do it all. Hire help. Social Media marketing and digital marketing is my passion and area of expertise. However, I’m not great with technology. Hiring someone to help with the technology aspect of my business was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. I went to ivaa.org, when I found my assistant,however below are some other options.
- FIverr. If you are short on cash you can go to Fiverr. Fiverr has great freelancers that offer assistance for as little as $5. I’ve used Fiverr in the past and received great service. Here’s my link to Fiverr: https://go.fiverr.com/visit/?bta=402634&brand=fiverrcpa. Click here for my article, giving advice on hiring from Fiverr.
- Upwork is another place where you can help a virtual assistant. I haven’t been hired from Upwork, I’ve heard good things.
- I’m also a Virtual Assistant. I’m available to assist with digital marketing, social media, and administrative tasks. Please keep in mind that I’m only able to help with 5 clients per month.
7. Self-Care– I know that we are busy. However, we need to take the time to take care of ourselves. Being overworked and taking care of a family can lead to being burnt out. Remember, it’s not selfish, if we want to go to the gym a few times a week or if we get a massage. It’s crucial for our physical, mental, and emotional health that we take time for ourselves. When we properly take care of ourselves we will be able to be the best version of ourselves for everyone else.
You should see by now that it is possible to start your business and keep your sanity. It may seem overwhelming at first, however if you keep remembering your goals of entrepreneurship, then you should be able to accomplish them. There are many resources that you can take advantage of to help you become successful and accomplish your goals.
Nicole is a mom, wife, full time employee, and entrepreneur. Nicole’s goal is to help mompreneurs and other busy entrepreneurs become productive and grow their business. Nicole is the creator of the eBook, Productive Momprenuer’s Guide to growing a business in under 60 minutes per day, click here for more information regarding the eBook.
My goal is share products, business strategies, and services that I think that you will find useful. This article contains clickable links. If you purchase them, I may get a small commission at no cost to you.