It’s almost 2023, and content is still one of the most available aspects of your business. Digital Marketing can be confusing and overwhelming, but with a digital content strategy, it’s a lot easier. Digital Content is an essential part of the success of your online business. No matter your marketing strategy, creating content should always be a valuable part of your strategy. Valuable content is essential for so many reasons. Valuable content can build brand awareness, increase sales, increase traffic, and help you build a relationship with your target audience. A lot of entrepreneurs believe that online content is blogs, but that’s not the case anymore. Content is videos, social media posts, podcasts, infographics, eBooks, and more. Below are some strategies for excellent content:
- Use Programs for content creation – I always try to mix up my content and be a little creative with creating content. Creating online content has never been easier, because of all the available online tools. My favorite tool for creating online content is Canva. I’ve created eBooks, social media posts, infographics and much more in Canva. Here are some benefits of creating content in Canva:
- Canva is Easy to use – Graphic design is something that I have always been interested in, but I don’t have any graphic design talent. However, I’ve created many content posts in Canva. Here’s a link to a quick video I made showing how I made an Instagram post in only a few minutes. (35) Creating an Instagram Post with Canva – YouTube
- Management and Scheduling -The beautiful thing about digital marketing is that we do not have to manually post things to social media anymore. This makes it easier to be more consistent with social media posting. I’m a huge fan of working smarter, not harder. I am a busy wife, mom of three, and I also have a full time job and an online business. Thankfully, with Canva, you don’t have to manually post statuses on your social media profiles. Canva allows you to schedule posts directly to your social media profiles. This makes it convenient, and allows you to be more productive with your online business.
- Focus on Content Credibility – Quality content builds authority in your business. If you are a service-based business, the best way to demonstrate expertise is through your content. Don’t post content just to post content. Focus on adding value. Valuable content can provide valuable awareness to your audience. The key to being valuable to your audience is to solve a problem that they have. If your free content solves their problems, then they are going to connect with you, and eventually, they will start to trust you, then they will become loyal to your brand. It all starts with quality content.
- Traffic – Quality traffic is the key to getting your content seen by your target audience. Do you know what your target audience is googling?
- SEO. What are the keywords that’s being used by your target audience? I suggest looking into a keyword tool such as www.neilpatel.com/ubersuggest. This website will show you the keywords that your target audience is using. Once you figure out keywords, then optimize your content with keywords, including your headline.
- Ads. Social media ads are a great way to get traffic to your content, especially if you’re new and don’t have an audience yet.
- Be consistent. Consistent, valuable content gets results. Google isn’t just looking at keywords. Google is also looking for fresh content. I always say, don’t keep posting for the sake of posting content. I believe that content should always add value to your target audience. However, you should set time aside to create content weekly, if possible.
- Be Unique – When you’re in business, you don’t want to be like your competitors. If you are too similar to the competition, then there’s no clear reason why your audience should connect with you. You should always aim to stand out. Below are some tips to standing out with your content:
- Focus on how your content can help your audience better than your competitors. One of the best ways to create valuable content is to create content that’s helpful to your audience. I suggest talking to your audience via FB groups or Instagram. For example, if you’re a fitness coach, and you’re thinking of creating content to help your audience. You can ask your audience “What’s stopping you from completing your weight loss goals.” Simply asking your audience questions, can help you create valuable content that’s the solution to their question.
- Focus on how your content can reach your audience differently from your competitors. If your competitor is only blogging, try doing a podcast. You should also try to reach them via video on YouTube.
5. Analytics – In order to be thorough in your digital marketing, it’s crucial to see what works and what doesn’t work, so that you won’t waste time and money on ineffective strategies.
- Number of visits. Google Analytics is something that I recommend for your website. Google analytics tracks the number of visitors and the traffic source. This makes it easy to know what leads are working for your business.
- Likes and comments on social media. Hootsuite goes into a little more detail with social media analytics. However, on every social media site, you are able to view how popular your postings are.
A solid content strategy is essential for the success of your online business. Many entrepreneurs are missing out on the benefits of content marketing because of confusion and feeling overwhelmed. Canva has been a game changer for my content creation. I’ve created quality and professional looking content with Cana. Here’s my link to Canva, if you decide to give it a try. There’s a free trial for Canva pro, however the free version is awesome as well, https://partner.canva.com/zakX7r.
My goal is share products, business strategies, and services that I think that you will find useful. This article contains clickable links. If you purchase them, I may get a small commission at no cost to you