Having your business easily recognized from others in your industry will give your audience a reason to build a relationship with you, instead of your competitors. This will lead to sales from your target market. Unfortunately many entrepreneurs and business owners struggle to separate their brand from others in their industry. Here are some tips to help:
- Be consistent with visual branding- You want to make sure that you’re consistent with all of your branding. Make sure that your social media, website, newsletter, and other marketing materials have a consistent look. For example, when your audience goes on your website and Facebook page, it should be clear that it’s the same business. Inconsistency can leave your target audience confused and they won’t know if they should make a connection with you.
- Tagline and Jingles- Have you ever had a tagline or jingle stuck in your head? I remember when I was a kid, and Burger King’s Have it Your Way jingle was stuck in my head. Even though I wasn’t a big Burger King fan, I would choose Burger King over other fast food restaurants, because it was in my mind. Having a business slogan can help you become more memorable, and it can also help you stand out from others in the crowd. Make sure that it shows your audience why you are different from others in your industry.
- Logo- It surprises me how many entrepreneurs have been in business for years, and they don’t have a logo. Having an effective logo is an excellent way to enhance your image. It will show your audience that you are consistent and professional. It also helps you stand out from others in your industry. The key is to make sure that your logo is a perfect reflection of your business.
- Advertise- Promote your business. Show your target audience who your are and how your products and services can help them. Pitch stories to journalists, use Pay Per Click Advertising, or take advantage of Facebook Ads. It does take trial and error, however with consistency your business will get noticed by your audience.
- Blog- Business blogging is my favorite way to gain brand recognition. With consistency and value, you will become a trusted source to your market. This will gives you the opportunity gain influence in your field. And to really gain recognition and build your network, you should try guest blogging.
Your audience will typically purchase from someone that they know, like, and trust. Building your brand awareness will give your audience a reason to connect with you over your competitors. If you need any help, consider working with a Marketing Coach.
Nicole Martin-Bender is President of Success with Nicole, www.successwithnicole.com. She is a Digital Marketing Coach, specializing in Social Media and Public Relations. Nicole is an experienced professional and is passionate about helping Entrepreneurs succeed. Contact her for your PR and Social Media needs at firstname.lastname@example.org. Article is free to be reprinted as long as bio remains.