In order to brand with excellence, you will need to position your brand effectively. A well positioned brand will enhance your image, and give you a stronger connection with your target audience. Brand Positioning is identifying your brand’s uniqueness and communicating this to your audience.
1. Brand Promise– What are you promising your audience? Are you claiming to provide top-notch customer service? Are you telling them that your products or services are superior to others in your industry? To deliver in a certain amount of time? Your promise is a part of what separates you from others in your field. Just remember not to make any promises that you cannot keep.
2. Demand-Again, make sure that there is a demand or a need for your product or services. When you were creating your business plan, one of the first questions that you should ask yourself is does by audience need my products or services. If there isn’t a need for your products/services, then unfortunately there is no need for you business.
3. Brand Perception-Make sure your audience can identify your brand from others. How will your audience perceive your brand from others in the industry? What can you do with Social Media, blogging, or podcasting to make them perceive your brand differently.
4. Research your competitors brand– How is your competitors positioning their brand? How can you position your brand differently from theirs? Are you studying their social media profiles? Are you visiting their websites? How often are they blogging? What are they blogging about? See what their are doing, and market your business differently than theirs.
5. Reflection of objective- When writing your marketing plan, what did you state was your brand objective? Your business objective should be aligned in all of your marketing efforts. Don’t lose track of this . Your brand needs to be a reflection of
6. Choose the right colors– When I first started my business, I used colors that I thought was attractive. This was a terrible strategy, because I was not my target audience. I was thinking about what I like instead of what my target audience will respond to. Don’t just choose your favorite color. Do your research. Look up psychology of colors,
Brand Positioning is one of the most important part of your marketing plan. It’s necessary for . Your target audience can separate your brand from others based on your brand position. If you need help with your brand positioning, consider hiring a Digital Branding Coach.